Sunday, November 15, 2009

'I'm not a quitter'

I don't want to get into the habit of quoting myself, but -- Jesus Christmas on a steam-powered Segway, do these people have no sense of shame?

At right, thanks to the cousins at the Wonkette, we have a view of a page from Sarah Palin's "Going Rogue" in which (can you see it in the back there?) the author says "I'm not a quitter." Which wouldn't be especially remarkable, except this is the same (ahem) vice presidential candidate of a particular major party who told a crowd in Iowa last year that their weather "reminded me a lot of Alaska, so I put my warm jacket on, and it is my own jacket. It doesn't belong to anybody else." Sweet leaping lizards, does this person channel Richard Nixon by accident, or is it sheer ancestral malevolence, or could it be her newfound claim to international expertise? Also.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Cowan said...

To say nothing of how someone who resigned the governorship of Alaska can call herself "not a quitter" with a straight face.

11:16 PM, November 15, 2009  
Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

Ditto, there, John.

8:27 AM, November 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home