Saturday, November 20, 2010

You provide the Photoshops ...

OK, there's no evidence to indicate that William Randolph Hearst ever actually said "you furnish the pictures, I'll furnish the war." But Charlie Kane did (more or less), and it looks as if certain crusading news executives don't want to be left out of the game.

"America's Third War" has been going on for a week over at the Fair 'n' Balanced Network. (I seem to have missed Monday's version; these frontpage grabs are from Thursday and Friday.) Are you doing your part?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I please make a plea for the careful use of the verb "execute"? I realize this is Fox and all, so "careful" is not really in their vocabulary, but I'd much prefer for "execute" to remain restricted to actual state-sanctioned killing of criminals, thanks.

8:35 PM, November 20, 2010  
Blogger fev said...

I don't mind being a little prescriptive on that one.

11:46 PM, November 22, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this, "America's Third War", yesterday. Basically, any story having to do with Mexicans, i.e. The DREAM Act, The Drug Tunnels. It begs the question, what, exactly are we at war against? Mexicans? Drugs? The border itself? Who are "the bad guys" and who are the "good guys" in this "war"? Hmmmm...

1:59 PM, November 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home